In this guide, we show you how to change the web space owner (subscription owner) and domain owner from the one.com control panel. In our examples in this guide, both the domain and web space are registered on the same legal entity.
You can also choose to change the owner of either the domain or the web space (subscription). In that case, the procedure will be only slightly different. You can check our guide explaining the difference between the subscription and domain owner here.
The steps are divided into Current owner and New owner.
- Step 1 - Current owner: Go to the Control Panel
- Step 2 - Current owner: Select the type of owner change
- Step 3 - Current owner: Enter the new owner details
- Step 4 - Current owner: Copy the security code
- Step 5 - Current owner: Confirm the owner change
- Step 6 - New owner: Start confirmation of the owner change
- Step 7 - New owner: Confirm your details
- Step 8 - New owner: Approve the domain registration agreement
- Step 9 - Wait for approval
Note: If you can't make the owner change from the control panel for any reason, you will need to fill out our PDF form:
Step 1 - Current owner: Go to the Control Panel
- Click here to log in to the Product page in your control panel.
- Click Manage to the far right of the domain you want to change the details for.
- Click Change domain owner in the menu that appears.
Step 2 - Current owner: Select the type of owner change
You need to choose if you will change ownership of the domain, web space subscription or both. In the example in this guide, we change the ownership for both, which is generally recommended.
Select your preference and click Next.
Note: If the subscription plan is a Domain only or an Email Essential, you still need to change the web space owner. Otherwise, the new owner won't have access to the control panel and won't be able to manage the subscription.
Step 3 - Current owner: Enter the new owner details
- Choose the type of ownership the new owner will have.
- Enter the details of the new owner.
- Select if the new domain owner will be the same as for the web space.
- Click Next to continue.
Step 4 - Current owner: Copy the security code
An email has been sent to your contact email address with a security code to validate that you are the current owner.
Open the email in your inbox and copy the security code.
Note: If the email address registered for the domain differs from the web space subscription, two security codes will be sent when you change the owner of both the domain and web space.
Step 5 - Current owner: Confirm the owner change
- Go to the new page and paste the security code.
- Check the box to confirm that you want to transfer all rights.
- If you change the owner of a gTLD, you need to choose if you want to opt out of the 60 days lock.
- Click Next to continue.
Step 6 - New owner: Start confirmation of the owner change
An email has been sent to the email address of the new owner. Open the email and click Start owner change.
Step 7 - New owner: Confirm your details
At the top of the screen, you see your customer details. Please check if everything is correct.
- Enter your date of birth. This does not apply to all domains.
- Accept the terms for the owner change, including our terms of business; you need to check all five boxes.
- Click Complete or To domain registration agreement, depending on the domain, to continue.
Step 8 - New owner: Approve the domain registration agreement
Check the box to accept the Domain Registration Agreement and click Approve.
Note: This step is only part of the procedure if you change the owner of a generic top-level domain.
Step 9 - Wait for approval
Your owner change request is now being processed. It may take a couple of days before it is approved.
As soon as it has been approved, the new and previous owners will receive confirmation via email. The new owner will also receive an invoice and log-in details.
Tip: If you haven't received an email from us within three days, please contact our support.