In this guide, we help you to quickly get started with your new Online Shop. We'll guide you through the basic steps that you need to follow before you can start selling online.
- Step 1 - Find your Online Shop in the control panel
- Step 2 - Add your first product
- Step 3 - Add payment methods
- Step 4 - Add shipping methods
- Step 5 - Make your shop public
Step 1 - Find your Online Shop in the control panel
We've created a separate dashboard for the Online Shop where you can get an overview of your orders and manage your products, payment and shipping methods easily. You can find your Online Shop dashboard inside your control panel.
- Log in to your one.com control panel.
- Click Go to Online Shop to access your shop dashboard.
After login, you see an overview of the basic steps that you need to follow for getting your shop online.
Step 2 - Add your first product
A shop isn't complete without products to sell. In the one.com Online Shop, you can choose between three different product types: physical products, digital products and gift cards.
- Click Add products in the step overview.
- Click Add product once more in the top right corner and decide which product type you want to create.
- Enter a title and description for your product. You can use styling to make your description stand out more.
- Upload one or more images of your product. You can upload a maximum of 6 images.
- Choose which category the product belongs to. You can create a new category or add the product to an existing one.
- Set the price for your product and in which quantity it is available.
- Click Save product at the top of the page.
Check out the guides below for more detailed information about product options:
- Manage products in your Online Shop
- Which options and categories can I add for products?
- How can I add a digital product to my Online Shop?
Step 3 - Add payment methods
You need to set up at least one payment option, so that your customers can pay at checkout.
It's easiest to start with manual payment because it does not require additional setup. Later, you can set up PayPal or Stripe for credit card, iDeal and Giropay payments.
- Click Add payment methods in the step overview.
- Select the box for Manual payment and enter a name for the payment option, for example, "Bank transfer".
- For Payment instructions, enter the information your customer needs in order to pay, like your bank details.
- Click Save settings at the top of the screen to save your payment option.
Check out the guides below for more information about payment options:
- What payment methods can I offer in the Online Shop?
- Getting started with Stripe
- Can I add terms and conditions to my online shop?
Step 4 - Add shipping methods
To set up your shop quickly, you can start with a single shipping option for your shop. Later you can add more shipping options and local pickup.
- Click Add shipping methods in the step overview.
- Click Add new shipping option to create your first shipping option.
- Choose Flat rate or Weight-based rate, depending on your preferences and needs.
- Edit the display name, shipping fees, and select the countries you want to ship to.
- Click Save.
Tip: Choose Add local pickup option if you want to offer customers to pick up their orders directly in your physical store.
Check out the guides below for more information about shipping options:
Step 5 - Make your shop public
Finally, you need to publish your shop on your website, so that your customers can visit it.
- Click Publish shop in the step overview.
- Select how you want to publish your shop and follow the instructions on your screen.
Check out the guides below for more information about publishing options:
- How do I insert the Online Shop in my Website Builder site?
- Using Online Shop in WordPress
- HTML parameters to embed the online shop