In this guide, we show you how to change your FTP or SFTP password. Are you looking on how to change your SSH password? Then you can follow the same procedure as for SFTP.
- Step 1 - Click SSH & FTP in the control panel
- Step 2 - Click Send
- Step 3 - Click Change password
- Step 4 - Type your password and save
Tip: We recommend that you use SFTP to connect to your web space, instead of FTP. The reason for this is that SFTP is encrypted and therefore more secure.
Step 1 - Click SSH & FTP in the control panel
Log into your One.com control panel and click SSH & FTP on the Advanced settings tile.
Step 2 - Click Send
- Depending on which password you want to change, scroll to FTP Administration or SFTP Administration, and verify that access is set to On.
- Click Send, to send an email with a change password link to your contact email address.
Step 3 - Click Change password
Open the email in your inbox and click Change password.
Step 4 - Type your password and save
- Type in your new password two times.
- Click Save to save your changes. After 20 minutes you can login with the new password.