You can easily change the name of a page in the one.com Website Builder. This short guide will show you how.
- In the Website Builder editor, click the Pages menu in the blue bar at the left-side top of the screen.
- Right-click (or click on the three dots icon) on the page that you want to change the name for and select Settings.
A window opens to edit page names. You can change the name in up to three places, depending on your page structure and whether you're changing the name of a main page or a subpage. In the example in the screenshot below, we've opened the settings for a main page that has subpages attached to it. These are all three options:
- Page name in the menu - the page in your site's menu.
- Page name in a browser tab and search results - as shown in the illustration inside Website Builder, this is the name that will appear in a browser tab at the top of the screen when the page is open. The title will also appear if this page appears in search engine results. Click the blue Edit name text next to it to change this name.
- Folder name in URL/URL - the name of the page in the address in your browser; it will also become the file or folder name of the page on your web space.
- When you are done changing things, click Save.
- Click Save and Publish to make your changes visible online.
Note: When you change the URL of your page, we recommend using only lowercase, numbers and hyphens. Also remember to update links to this page on your site. Links in the menu will update automatically.