With the 1-click installation tool for WordPress, you can quickly install WordPress in a few easy steps. It is included in all our hosting plans starting from Explore. Follow these step-by-step instructions and install WordPress on your web space in no time.
- Step 1 - Click WordPress in the control panel
- Step 2 - Click New installation
- Step 3 - Select language and location
- Step 4 - Enter admin details
- Step 5 - Choose a title for your website
- Step 6 - Select a theme (optional)
- Step 7 - Done!
Step 1 - Click WordPress in the control panel
Log in to your one.com control panel and click WordPress.
Step 2 - Click New installation
Click New installation to create a new WordPress installation on your domain.
If you already have a 1-click installation, this page will look a little different for you. Simply click on "Back to overview" at the top of your screen and continue.
Step 3 - Select language and location
- Select a language for your WordPress administration.
- Choose a location for your website. You can place the installation on the main domain (root directory) or on a subdomain.
- Click Install or Next.
Note: If you choose the option Subdomain you will be asked to give your blog a name in the next step.
Step 4 - Enter admin details
- Enter an admin email address. This will be your primary contact for WordPress, for example, if you forget your password.
- Enter the username, that you want to use to log in to your WP Admin.
- Choose a secure password for your username. The bar underneath the password field will indicate if you have chosen a strong password.
- Click Next step.
Note: Advanced Login Protection is enabled by default for all new 1-click WordPress installations. It can be deactivated by unchecking the highlighted box. Fore more information check out our guide What is Advanced Login Protection for WordPress?
Step 5 - Choose a title for your website
You need to choose a title and tagline for your WordPress site. You can always change it again later.
- Choose a title for your website; it will be visible in your browser tab.
- Enter a tagline for your website; it should be a short catchy quote that supports your title.
- Check the box to agree to the Terms and Conditions.
- You have the option to discourage search engines from indexing your website.
- Click Next step.
Step 6 - Select a theme (optional)
You can select a one.com WordPress theme for your website. The themes are designed with ease of use in mind. Our themes support the import of demo data so that you only need to replace text and images with your own.
Hover over a theme and click Preview to see how your site would look. Click Install theme if you want to use this theme for your site.
Would you rather use another WordPress theme? Click Skip to start with the default WordPress theme.
Step 7 - Done!
That's all! Your WordPress site is ready. You are now logged in to your WP Admin and can start to personalise your site.
Not sure where to begin? In our guide Getting started with WordPress, we guide you through the most basic first steps.