This guide explains how you reset your password for your one.com control panel. When resetting the password, a one-time code will be sent to your contact email address or previously chosen recovery email or phone number.
- How to reset the password
- I didn't receive the password reset email or SMS
- How to reset the two-step verification (2FA)
Note: To change the password for an email account, please follow the steps in this guide: How do I change my email password?
How to reset the password
- Please, click here to reset your password.
- Enter your domain name or contact email address and click Continue.
- Choose to receive the one-time code to your contact email address or previously selected recovery details.
- Please check your inbox for the one-time code.
- Enter the one-time code in the field on the password recovery page and click Continue.
- Enter your new control panel password twice, and click Save.
I didn't receive the password reset email or SMS
Check the following if you haven't received the email or SMS with the one-time code:
- Make sure you entered the correct domain name or the registered contact email address associated with your user account. Because of security reasons, we won't let you know when you enter an email that isn't linked to a subscription.
- Check your spam folder to see if it ended up there.
- If you've previously added a recovery address or phone number, try one of the other options.
If you still haven't received the one-time code, then the only way to regain access is to change your contact email address with a signed pdf-form. We will then send an email to the new address where you can choose a new password.
The reason why we need a signed form plus identification is so that we can verify that only an authorised person gets access to your data.
We only need to see the date of birth, full name, signature and expiry date on your ID - for your safety, please conceal or redact all other information. This can be done by blacking out text or covering some elements while taking the picture.
Please check our step-by-step guide for more information: How do I change my contact details if I cannot log in?
How to reset the two-step verification (2FA)
The two-step verification (2FA) is an added layer of security we recommend using. However, if you've lost access and need to remove it, please use our form:
- Click the blue button to fill out the form.
- Take a picture of, or scan a valid picture ID of the subscription owner. We only need to see the date of birth, full name, signature and expiry date on your ID - for your safety, please conceal or redact all other information.
- If the owner is a company or association, include a company stamp, letterhead or registry excerpt.
- Sign and send the form, and the attachments, to our support, and they will help you further.