In this guide, we explain how you can manage your products in the Online Shop and what you can do with all the different settings. The settings are divided into five sections:
From your Online Shop dashboard, click Products to open the Products overview. Here you can sort, add and delete products.
1. Sort products - Click the menu in the top-left corner to sort your products by stock or categories.
2. Delete products - Select a product by checking the box in front, and click Delete in the top-right corner.
3. Add products - Click the Add product button to add a new product. You need to select if you want to add a physical product, a digital product, or a gift card. Check our guide to learn more about adding digital products.
To start, you need to enter basic information about your product, so that your customers know what it is you are selling.
- Title - The name of the product that is visible in your shop.
- Description - A description of your product. You can use styling to make your description stand out more.
- Additional information - Click on the link to add additional information about your product. For example, more information about your return policy. You can add several additional information sections.
- Files - This option will only be available, when you create a digital product. You upload the product here and when the customer has purchased it, they will receive an email with a link to the product.
- Images - You can upload up to 6 images of your product. The first image from the left will be the main product image. You can also give each image an ALT text.
- Category - You can sort your products by category, you can select more than one. To create a new category, click Add/Edit categories. Read more about categories and options.
- Visibility - Select whether your product should be visible or hidden in your shop. This can be useful if you want to hide a seasonal product.
- Promotion label - You can promote your product with a promotion label. For example, "NEW", "50% OFF" or "Popular". The text will be shown on top of your product to make it stand out. Read more about promoting your products.
- Search keywords - If you add specific search keywords for the product, it will come up in the results when your customers type in certain words in the search bar. These words or terms can be general (for example, "bag") or more specific (for example, "black shoulder bag").
Pricing & Quantity
Next, you need to set pricing and options for your product.
- Price - You need to set the price for your product. Select the On sale box, if you want to set a sale price. That way your customers can see they get a discount.
- Weight - If you want to calculate your shipping costs based on weight, you need to set the weight of your product. Otherwise, it's not needed. Read more about shipping options.
- Quantity - The number of products you have available. If a product is out of stock, this will be visible in your shop. Check the box for Unlimited if you will never run out.
- SKU - You can enter a SKU code to identify your product in your stock. For example, a combination of name, color and size. Read more about Stock Keeping Units (SKU).
- Options - You can specify different options for your product, like colors or sizes. Check the box if you want to add an option. Read more about categories and options.
Note: When you specify options for a product, you need to set the weight, quantity and SKU for each option separately.
Add the products that you want to show as related products when this specific one is displayed. This can be products from the same category or similar ones. Simply type in the product name in the search bar, and select it by ticking the box next to it. You can read more about related products in this guide.
Search engines (Google)
To optimise your shop for search engines it's important that each product page has a unique descriptive URL and meta description.
- URL - Each product has a URL, so you can link to it directly from other pages. By default, the URL is based on the title of your product, but you can edit it here.
- Meta description - You can specify a meta description for each product, to optimise SEO. Read more about meta descriptions.